Brooklyn Public Library’s card is free for anybody that life, works, will pay home fees, or attends school in brand New York State
New Yorkers with government-issued IDs off their states
If you’re in brand new York State plus don’t have a fresh York State ID, it is important to bring your legitimate out-of-state ID and evidence of ny state target that’s been released within the last 3 months (paystub, postmarked mail, domestic bill).
You will need to bring your valid out-of-state ID and proof of employment in New York, or proof of property ownership in New York if you work in New York or own property in New York and do not have a New York State ID.
Ny state residents that do n’t have a Brooklyn Public Library card and would really like usage of just the eBook collection might make an application for an eCard. Year this card will give you access to the Library’s Overdrive, 3M, and Flipster collections for 1.
Sign up for an eCard and immediately get a collection barcode and PIN to start accessing the e-book collection.
Please be aware that to allow the job to successfully go through, you have to let the type to trace your overall location. When prompted with a message such as “disc.bklynlibrary.org would like to monitor your location that is physical” you need to click on “allow when”.
A replacement Card form to get started if you had an eCard before and would like to have your holds, wishlists, checkouts, etc. transferred to your new account, please complete the Report. After submitting the proper execution, it will require business that is approximately 1-3 for the task to transfer over.
To find out more concerning the eCard, see our eCard FAQs.
Out-of-State Residents (non-NYS residents)
Non-NYS residents may make an application for a Brooklyn Public Library account and luxuriate in use of our considerable collection of Articles & Databases and eBooks. There clearly was a yearly, non-refundable $50 cost for out-of-state cardholders.
As soon as your application is submitted, an agent will contact you within five (5) company times using the next actions.
If you opt to choose up your collection card, you may possibly achieve this by going to any certainly one of our 59 locations and talk to an employee user. The $50.00 yearly, non-refundable cost can be compensated during the time of pick-up.
We presently try not to accept applications from worldwide residents at the moment.
Renewing Your Library Card
Ny State Residents: Library cards expire every 36 months. Please bring appropriate ID to any library branch to restore your card.
Away from State Residents: Library cards expire each year. To restore your out-of-state account, please deliver an e-mail to email@example.com with your collection card barcode and content of appropriate ID. A $50.00 non-refundable yearly cost will be reproduced for your requirements.
eCard holders: eCards are non-renewable and can expire one 12 months after enrollment.
Educator cardholders: For here is how to restore your Educator account, please go to our Educator Card web page.
Reporting Your Card Missing
Any things that had been lent and/or fees accrued ahead of reporting your card lost or stolen will be your obligation. In the event your card is stolen or lost, please report it to an employee user at one of our branches instantly.
You may utilize the “Report a Card Lost” function in your My Account web page that will temporarily disable your account from usage by unauthorized users. Take note that when this particular feature is utilized, you won’t manage to restore or library that is borrowing (including eMaterial) until your bank account is rectified. Please go to your library that is local and with an employee member to unblock your bank account.
To change your card, you have to spend an alternative show and fee acceptable ID.
You could borrow as much as 50 items at a right time on your own collection card.
- Publications – 3 months
- Audiobooks – 3 weeks by having a restriction of 10 products using one account
- Printed Music (Scores) – 3 months
- Videos, DVDs, CDs and magazines – 1 with a limit of 10 CDs and a combined total of 10 videos and DVDs week.
You might restore materials provided that there are not any holds regarding the short term payday loans product along with your account is with in good standing.
There clearly was a optimum of 15 renewals for every single product ( this will not add eBooks)
You will find 3 ways to restore:
- Face-to-face at any Brooklyn Public Library location
- On the web by logging into your My account that is BPL
- On the phone by calling 718.230.6700
Place something on hold for an instant and convenient method to get materials that aren’t available at check your local library.
- Spot a hold demand through our catalog or perhaps in individual at try your local library
- You are able to put as much as 10 holds on your own collection account on any circulating when you look at the Library collection with the next exceptions: guide, unique collections, and magazines and journals.
- The collection will be sending a notice via email, text or phone if your hold is actually to pickup. Please be certain we’ve your proper contact information. You will have 1 week to pickup your hold.
Going Back Materials
- Return material to virtually any Brooklyn Public Library book or location fall.
- All product arrives straight right right back because of the date suggested at time of checkout or renewal. Fines will quickly accrue if products aren’t came back because of the deadline.
- Numerous component materials needs to be came back complete at time of go back to avo > Courtesy reminders of future dates that are due delivered by email or text. Overdue notices are delivered by e-mail or phone. Failure to get notices doesn’t excuse fines that are overdue.
Interlibrary Loan is something that enables legitimate Brooklyn Public Library cardholders to request to borrow publications maybe maybe not owned by BPL off their libraries in the us. You can easily submit loan that is interlibrary in individual at any Brooklyn Public Library branch. This solution is absolve to Brooklyn Public Library clients; nonetheless, fines and fees examined because of the financing library do apply. Get the full story.
Fines and costs
Fines and Costs Schedule
Fines accrue per product, per calendar time, whether or not Brooklyn Public Library (BPL) is closed. It really is your duty to help keep an eye on your dates that are due. Failure to get courtesy collection notices will not excuse fines.
- Books/Magazines: $0.15/day
- Audiobooks, CDs and CD-ROM computer software: $0.15/day
- DVDs & V > Interlibrary Loan: $1/day
- Substitution Card Fee (Adult/Young Adult): $2
- Substitution Card Fee (Senior/Juvenile): $1
- Out-of-State Card Fee: $50
- Substitution Card Fee (Out-of-State): $5
- Bounced Check Fee: ten dollars
- Collection Agency Fee: ten dollars
Borrowing privileges are suspended whenever fines or costs reach a $15 limit. You can not place holds, restore, or take a look at product until your account falls underneath the limit.
Unreturned, lost, or damaged material and materials with multiple components which are returned incomplete will likely be billed for your requirements. You can not spot holds, restore, or have a look at product until it’s settled.
It is possible to get back or pay money for the material that is billed. If billed material is came back, you will end up examined overdue fines alternatively.
You will be charged the full replacement cost of each item if you lose or damage any of the items checked out to your account. No replacement products would be accepted rather than any outstanding things.
Borrowers with unpaid balances of $25 or maybe more might be contacted by a group agency. A $10.00 collection cost is positioned on accounts that reach this threshold. If you’re called towards the collection agency, you need to spend balance in complete before your borrowing privileges are restored.
Please read our Fines and costs Policy to find out more.
Having to pay Your Fines and Costs
You’ll want your library card to cover your fines. It is possible to spend using the following methods:
- Cash re re payments are accepted at kiosks bought at every BPL location. Staff doesn’t gather money from clients.
- Checks made payable to BPL may be directed at the employees at any location. Are the account that is library associated with account being pa > charge cards (Visa, Mastercard, and find out) are accepted at all BPL kiosks. You may also spend at home by signing into My BPL.
Our Borrowing Policy has changed!
Effective July 1, 2019, the collection applied modifications to its borrowing/renewal/fines policy. Discover More
Latest posts by Belinda (see all)
- Liz Hurley News, views, gossip, pictures, video - October 18, 2022
- Jonathan Goodwin Opens Up About ‘America’s Got Talent: Extreme’ Accident That Left Him Paralyzed Entertainment Tonight - October 18, 2022
- 8 Cryptocurrency Scams To Avoid - June 27, 2022